Summer Programs 2020
LEARN TO ROW CAMPS
Our summer ‘Learn to Row’ program is a great time for rising 6th to 12th graders
Our weekly camps focus on the following:
- Basics of the rowing stroke
- Water safety and boat awareness
- Conditioning, stretching and strength training
- Introduction to training on the erg, the indoor rowing machine
- Exposure to both sweep and sculling strokes
- Establishing all the fundamental knowledge of crew
- Enroll in multiple camps to build rowing skills and join our team in fall!
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 11:00 am
at our Jack London Aquatic Center boathouse
Beginner: This is a program for those who are new to rowing
Experienced-Beginner: This is a program for those who have completed at least one week of Learn to Row Camp. Also appropriate for any Middle School with previous rowing experience with Artemis or other clubs/school.
- June 15-19 Beginner and Experienced-Beginner
- June 22-26 Beginner and Experienced-Beginner
- June 29-July 03 Beginner and Experienced-Beginner (Cancelled)
- July 06-10 Beginner and Experienced-Beginner
- July 13-17 Beginner and Experienced-Beginner
- July 20-24 Beginner and Experienced-Beginner
- July 27-31 Beginner and Experienced-Beginner
- Aug 03-07 Beginner and Experienced-Beginner
- Beginner — $350.00 per week
- Experienced-Beginner — $325.00 per week
COMPETITION DEVELOPMENT CAMP (Cancelled)
Our ‘Competition Varsity Camp’ is open to ALL EXPERIENCED HIGH SCHOOL ROWERS with at least one season of rowing experience.
We will be focused on athlete development:
- Improving Technical proficiency, Functional Movement Screening (Our coaching staff will provide each athletes functional movement screening throughout the program to maximize areas of improvement to produce a more balanced and capable athletic approach to rowing and racing)
- Strength and Conditioning
- Mental Training and Race Preparation
The focus of this camp is small boats i.e singles, doubles and pairs, quads and fours, with an objective of athletes getting better boat feel. Athletes will row twice a day with a break in between All athletes who attend this camp will be eligible to travel with the team to Club Nationals in New Jersey, July 14th to 19th and/or Independence Day Regatta in Philadelphia, July 4th weekend.
For those who do not want to travel, please let the coaches know asap
CAMP DATES: June 15-July 10, Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 10:00 am and 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm at our Jack London Aquatic Center boathouse
COST: $1550.00 (there will be additional cost for those who will travel)
LIMITED INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCE CAMP
Besides, the learn to row camps Artemis will be offering sessions for athletes with at least a year of rowing experience to come to the boathouse and workout. Athletes can sign up for time slots based on experience. Intermediate is perfect for middle schooler athletes who want to be challenged or expect to join novice in the fall as well as athletes who desire a more hands-on coaching experience. The advanced group is well suited for Varsity athletes who want more freedom over their summer training. Coaches will still provide advice for technique and workouts. These are NOT open boathouse slots, in order to control the spread of COVID.
Each timeslot will comprise of, up to NINE athletes and TWO coaches. Read our safety protocols linked here to learn more about how we plan on keeping our athletes safe in the middle of the ongoing pandemic.
CAMP DATES and TIMES:
- June 15-19 Varsity #1 M-F 2:30pm-4:30pm and Sat 8am-10am
- June 15-19 Varsity #2 M-F 5pm-7pm and Sat 10:30am-12:30pm
- June 22-26 Varsity #1 M-F 2:30pm-4:30pm and Sat 8am-10am
- June 22-26 Varsity #2 M-F 5pm-7pm and Sat 10:30am-12:30pm
- June 29-July 3 Varsity #1 M-F 2:30pm-4:30pm and Sat 8am-10am*
- June 29-July 3 Varsity #2 M-F 5pm-7pm and Sat 10:30am-12:30pm*
- June 29-July 3 Intermediate M-F 12noon-2pm*
- July 06-10 Varsity #1 M-F 2:30pm-4:30pm and Sat 8am-10am
- July 06-10 Varsity #2 M-F 5pm-7pm and Sat 10:30am-12:30pm
- July 06-10 Intermediate M-F 12noon-2pm
- July 13-17 Varsity #1 M-F 2:30pm-4:30pm and Sat 8am-10am
- July 13-17 Varsity #2 M-F 5pm-7pm and Sat 10:30am-12:30pm
- July 13-17 Intermediate M-F 12noon-2pm
- July 20-24 Varsity #1 M-F 2:30pm-4:30pm and Sat 8am-10am
- July 20-24 Varsity #2 M-F 5pm-7pm and Sat 10:30am-12:30pm
- July 20-24 Intermediate M-F 12noon-2pm
- July 27-31 Varsity #1 M-F 2:30pm-4:30pm and Sat 8am-10am
- July 27-31 Varsity #2 M-F 5pm-7pm and Sat 10:30am-12:30pm
- July 27-31 Intermediate M-F 12noon-2pm
- Aug 03-07 Varsity #1 M-F 2:30pm-4:30pm and Sat 8am-10am
- Aug 03-07 Varsity #2 M-F 5pm-7pm and Sat 10:30am-12:30pm
- Aue 03-07 Intermediate M-F 12noon-2pm
- $225.00 per week for Intermediate
- $125.00 per week for Varsity
Our ‘Pre-Season Training’ program is for Middle School, Novice AND Varsity Rowers
Pre-season training will be land base i.e running, ergging and injury prevention such as stretching and warm up/down. This will set you up for a successful seasons to come.
CAMP DATES: Aug 10-21, Monday – Friday, 4:15 pm to 6:45pm
at our Jack London Aquatic Center boathouse
COST: $300 for the 2 weeks
PLEASE NOTE: If you can not make it to both weeks the cost will be pro-rated.
Questions? Please call (510) 542-9673 or contact the registrar at email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: ALL rowers must provide a swim ability certificate signed by a lifeguard on the first day of practice; rowers without a swim ability certificate will not be allowed on the water. Swim ability certificates are available during the registration process or on the registration page.
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING: We recommend that athletes dress in layers, wear running shoes and come ready to workout every day. Spandex shorts or leggings are best. NO extra baggy, long shorts, they will get caught in the seat. A fleece or wicking long sleeve is good for cold mornings. Bring a water bottle, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, (rain gear and dry clothes if it is raining) AND please labeled your bag with your name.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Due to Covid19 — If there are changes to start dates or stay in place order from Alameda County, we have flexible refund policy